As an affiliate for various programs such as Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission on some of the purchases you make at no extra cost to you. Read my disclaimer here.
I spent two weeks in Danang, Vietnam and here is my packing list and I think it's perfect as a packing list for Vietnam in December. I brought along quite a bit of non-essentials since I wanted to test them on my trip. Check out my packing list guide if you want to learn how I approach packing.
The total weight came up to 13kg and was told at the check-in counter I had to reduce the weight or pay for baggage check-in as it was a budget flight. I employed my usual “travel hack” was able to stuff about 4.1kg worth of stuff into my Outlier Ecstasy in the Rain jacket and passed the carry-on weight at 7.9kg.
Since I didn't have much real estate to lay everything out, I left some of the stuff in the respective packs.
I wanted to test the Ecstasy in the Rain (EITR) in a hotter climate, but I ended up defaulting to the Libertad Travel Shirt instead. Since the shirt isn't water-resistant, I did use the EITR during a light shower once.
- Outlier Ecstasy in the Rain (review)
- Libertad Travel Shirt (review)
- Outlier Runweight Merino T-Shirt
- Outlier Ramielust T-Shirt
- Alexander Wang x Airism Shirt
- SEAGALE Action Merino T-Shirt (review)
I definitely picked the perfect pair of pants for this trip.
This used to be an ad.
But no one likes ads, so I got rid of them. If my articles helped you, I ask for your support so I can continue to provide unbiased reviews and recommendations.
By becoming a Patreon, you get
- Exclusive deals and coupons
- Insider news to product releases and sales
- Personalized style advice
- Western Rise Evolution Pants (review)
- Outlier New Way Shorts (review)
- ISAORA Training Shorts (review)
For lounging and the gym.
Footwear and Socks
Bags, Packing Cubes, Pouches, Covers
Since I intended to overpack for a more comfortable trip, the GR2 was the right choice and didn't give me any trouble at check-in. The Vietnamese aren't too sticky about rules.
- GORUCK GR2 (review)
- TOM BIHN Packing Cube Shoulder Bag
- TOM BIHN Daylight Backpack (review)
- TOM BIHN Stuff Sacks (review)
- TOM BIHN Snake Charmer
- TOM BIHN Travel Tray
- Scrubba Stealth Pack (review)
- WAYFINDER BORDERLESS Passport Cover (review)
Electronics and Accessories
- MacBook Pro 15″
- TOM BIHN Cache
- MOFT Laptop Stand (review)
- iPhone XS Max in a Quadlock case
- Master & Dynamic MW07 PLUS (review)
- Normal Timepieces Tokiji Watch (review)
- DJI Osmo Mobile 3
- Sirui Tripod
- Supreme Mophie encore 20k
- AmazonBasics Lightning Cable
- Anker Powerport PD 1
I didn't really change the stuff I carry when I'm not traveling.
- KeySmart Pro (review) attached to the Outlier Key Piece
- TOM BIHN Nik's Minimalist Wallet (review)
I brought a spare one for the local currency.
- MUJI Case with vitamins
Some people might do without these, but I absolutely could not.
- Oliver Peoples Sheldrake in a Porter Black Beauty Sunglass Case
- Snow Peak Spork
Cleanliness is definitely not Vietnam's strong suit.
- Airinum Mask (review)
Lifesaver on the back of a GrabBike
- Supreme SIGG Traveller 0.6L Water Bottle
I say non-essentials because I could probably survive without bringing them along, but they were definitely welcomed additions on this trip.
- TOM BIHN Sherpard's Wool Utility Cloth (review)
- Canniloq Transcend XD (review)
- Aeropress Go (review)
- Supreme Kaweco AL Sport Pen