This website is made possible by readers. I may earn a small commission when you buy through the links in this article at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
It's been awhile since I posted a packing list, the last being for at trip to Okinawa.
This time, it's a short four day, three night trip to beautiful Karuizawa. This is my third time to this beautiful mountain town. I actually cycled all the way from Tokyo the first time I visited, so I definitely have some fond memories.
So, as you would see, this isn't a minimalist packing list. I filled my 32l Nayo Almighty to the brim and packed whatever I thought I need. I was going to rent a car and leave my bag in it, so weight wasn't really a concern to me.
Without further ado, here is the obligatory all items laid out photo.
I will try to list up items in order but as you can see, I only wear black so which is which often gets confusing even for me. I'll also be reflecting on the usage of certain items.
Since I was taking videos most of the trip, I only used the Sling Pocket once, so I probably didn't need to bring it along in the first place.
- Outlier Ultrafine Merino T-Shirt
- Outlier Ramielust T-Shirt
- Outlier Gostwyck Single Origin Merino T-Shirt
- Uniqlo x Alexander Wang Airism T-Shirt
- Tilak Vega SD Jacket
I ended up not wearing the Futureworks at all.
- Airism Boxer Briefs x 2
- Uniqlo x Alexander Wang Airism Boxer Briefs
- ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Brief
- Foldable umbrella from Seven Eleven
- Snow Peak Bucket Hat
- Imabari Towel Handkerchief x 3
- TOM BIHN Minimalist Wallet
- Tokiji Watch
- Bellroy Key Cover
- Oliver's People Sunglasses
- Airinum Mask
I made a video of the sights I experienced around Karuizawa if you are interested.